Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Too Many Tools... Too Little Time

I've got a couple of thoughts I really want to lay down on this blog but before that, this one thing keeps bugging me.

Where does everyone get enough time to explore all these social media tools?

There's always the argument that we have tools to combine everything into one easily accessible page/program. The only problem is, new versions of these tools seem to keep popping up everywhere.

There has been quite some buzz about social media and web 2.0 being the next big thing in communications. I cannot claim to be an expert in the subject at present, but as a beginner, I can say that everything is overwhelming. Whilst I can visualise the benefits of employing such tools for communication, I believe it will take quite some time, effort and resources before it becomes really applicable for the average business.

After a couple of weeks trying to play around with what's available in the market, I only have one conclusion - Web 2.0 is a lifestyle. Without immersing yourself into it, there is little chance and hope of being able to fully benefit from its functionality. The only problem and difficulty is, how to find the time to make it your lifestyle.

More thoughts on social entrepreneurship, social innovation and presentations coming up in the next few days. In the mean time, here's hoping that I succeed in becoming 2.0... that's Web 2.0.

No comments:

Post a Comment